Thursday, March 30, 2017

Getting started with GAE - Python on codenvy.io - Part 1

Recently I was helping a  fellow developer to get started with online IDE so that I can share my experience of developing with wonderful Google Cloud Eco System. As usual offline setups were complicated for entry level developer to get started so I decided to turn on to my till then favorite c9.io.

Now here's the problem, when will you corporates understand the epidemy of a student or starter level devloper looking for learning. C9.io has now made credit card verification mandatory for new users.

So here I am going forward with my then second now first favorite cloud IDE codenvy.io...


Steps to get started are now shared below.





  1. Sign in using github
  2. Enter details
  3. Dashboard looks like this
  4. Next find your GAE python option in the same page by scrolling
  5. Next enter your project / workspace details to get started
  6. And now you see your workspace starting up for first time with a simple project; which looks like this
  7. Now everything is setup and ready to roll: see you in follow up post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick setup Phonegap Development Environment using Docker

INTRO NOTE : Pre-requisite is to have ubuntu 16.04 Following DIGITAL OCEAN tutorial for same...